Friday, July 4, 2014

Independence Day

On July 4th we spent the day with the extended Hjorth family. We camped in my parents yard on the 3rd and woke up and went to the annual neighborhood breakfast in the canyon. Then my parents rented a bouncy castle/waterslide that went up in the front yard. The kids played together on it all day! The older kids wandered the canyon together and the rest of us explored the canyon and chatted and napped at the house. In the evening we all went to the Stadium of Fire together. Carrie Underwood performed. She was great! The entire night was really fun. Well, until we had to deal with traffic on the way home.
All the cousins tried the bouncy slide, but this crew lasted the longest out there.
 
The girls and slept in the killer REI tent I bought last year. I had a hard time in the night with the zipper and peed my pants trying to get out.

Getting the lips right was important to the girls.

The Beutlers.

We were all happy that Lizzie enjoyed the fireworks. She was afraid of them previously.
 
We sat in two sections: older cousins and younger cousins.

cute Daniel

whatever, Mom.

Lucy girl.
Carrie Underwood was so much fun! She is an amazing singer and really surprised me. My favorite was a version of "Jesus Take the Wheel" and "How Great Thou Art".
I took a million photos of the fireworks. I'm not sure why.

 
The first time we've let her stay up for fireworks.



 

No comments: