Saturday, October 27, 2012

Helen Parr

Jenn, Debbie, and I braved the cold and ran the Halloween Half. It was so fun! We bundled up at the start, and then ran in our super hero costumes. I spent quite a bit of time (and money) creating my Helen Parr costume, and it worked great! Because the costume is all running clothes, it was very comfortable and I didn't have any chaffing or other wardrobe problems.

Jenn has been working really hard on her fitness this year and earned a personal record by finishing just under two hours. Debbie and I took longer, but were happy to finish and enjoyed running together. I was really cold in the beginning and ran with a comforter around me, and then I had to wait in line to pee at mile 4 and had to sprint to catch up with Deb, but the rest of the race was gorgeous and fun. I would certainly do this again if it is possible to be in Utah at Halloween again.

Cassie was unable to join us due to patellar tendonitis. But she put on her Wonder Woman costume and worked out at home.

2 comments:

Milisa said...

I love your costume!

Cassie said...

Seriously cool! I wish I could have been there.