My friend Anne Froer taught our young women how to make the best pasta. I always experiment with marinara sauce because I hate canned spaghetti sauce. But, I have never made anything this good. Last night I made it for the family with the excuse of carb loading for today's race. So yummy!
Pasta with Tomato Sauce
2 Tbsp plus 1/4 tsp kosher salt
1 28 oz can Italian plum tomatoes
16 oz thin spaghetti or angel hair pasta
1/4 c extra-virgin olive oil
4 cloves garlic, in 1/8 inch slices
1/8 tsp crushed red pepper
1/4 c fresh basil leaves, torn
Parmesan cheese, freshly grated
In large stock pot, bring water and 2 Tbsp salt to a boil. Cook pasta according to package directions. Heat oil in 12 inch saute pan over medium heat. Add the garlic and cook, stirring occasionally, until garlic is lightly golden, about 30 seconds. Add the red pepper flakes and remaining 1/4 tsp salt. Add tomatoes with juices and cook until the tomatoes begin to break down and thicken, about 5 minutes. Drain pasta, reserving 1 cup of cooking liquid. Add pasta to saute pan and cook until sauce begins to cling to pasta, 3-4 minutes. Stir in basil and cook 30 seconds more. Divide among bowls and sprinkle with cheese.
No comments:
Post a Comment