Friday, April 15, 2011

Infertility

There is a great article in the Enign this month about infertility (thanks, Cristina). Although Ryan and I are currently stressed about relocating our family, for most of our marriage, building our family has been our primary stress. I related so well with the couples from the article.

Although adoption is not a cure for infertility, it is such a blessing, and another way to build families. Here is a poem from the Ensign that I love. Most poems about adoption are super cheesey, but this one seems more reverent and appropriate.

JUST THE SAME

by Diana Lynn Lacey

Sometimes--
God sends rain
Straight from the sky
To nourish the young flower
and it grows

Sometimes--
God sends rain from the sky
To the mountaintops,
Then over hills and through valleys
Until it reaches the flower
and it grows, just the same.

Sometimes--
God sends a child
Straight from His realm
Into a mother's arms
and love grows

Sometimes--
God sends a child
From Heaven to another's arms
Then over hills and through valleys
Until he reaches the arms of his mother
and love grows JUST THE SAME

No comments: