Amount spent: $52.05
FreshValue savings: $75.54
Coupon Savings: $13.70
Total Saved: $89.34 (64%)
I am having a lot of fun! Here is what I have learned in the past three weeks:
- never take a two-year-old shopping when you need to use coupons (or your brain)
- never pay full price, unless you have to have it
- Target and Walmart price match
- don't buy something just because it is on sale (unless it is free or you can donate it)
- there are always cereal, toothpaste and razor coupons in your paper
- be careful with candy coupons...it doesn't save you money if you need to hire a trainer later
Last night my checker seemed to judge me a little at check out. He made several statements like "You couldn't ever convince me to clip coupons," and "My time is way more valuable than any amount I could save." I wanted to ask him how much he made per hour as a checker at Smiths and remind him that I just made $89 in about an hour (of course I got paid in tissues, motrin, and tuna, but whatever).
5 comments:
Checkers are funny sometimes. I have a couple of checkers at the stores I go to that I know are coupon friendly and I will wait in line for them. They're great because at the end they always say let's see what you've done today. I follow She Shops Smart, but I think that the www.savvyshopperdeals.com is a better resource (it has a bunch of forums that you can ask all sorts of questions and other members answer them). It's a great feeling to not feel like I'm wasting money at the store anymore. :) I'm glad you're enjoying it!!
Thanks for the link Heidi! I will check it out.
Amen about coupons with a 2 year old. But I didn't know Target price matched! Good to know. . .
Ha Ha I love it. You should have asked him. I never feel bad about saving money. Great advice thanks!
I started couponing last winter & learned to scan the checkers for the friendliest looking one.
Here are a couple more links to check out:
www.hip2save.blogspot.com
(I check this daily, for all sorts of fun & random sales, freebies, samples, etc. she posts several times a day.)
for my weekly grocery shopping I use:
www.pinchingyourpennies.com
I get such a rush walking out with a cart of groceries for just a few bucks. It is addicting isn't it? :)
Post a Comment