Today I went shopping for a baby shower gift and it reminded me of all the baby items that have made me and Emily happy over the last 8 months. Here are my recommendations for new Moms:
BOB jogging stroller. LOVE IT! It attaches to several brands of infant seats, allowing moms to work out right away. It was expensive, but getting out of the house for me during those early weeks was priceless. I still love it for running. My neighbors call it my baby Cadillac.
Gowns from GAP. Gowns make diaper changes simple, and the GAP brand has a long, narrow cut which was great for Emily’s long arms and legs. I loved the hand covers that protected her from her own fingernails.
Robeez Shoes. These stay on, look adorable, and appear comfy for baby. They are pricey, but I have found good deals by buying off season. There are also rip off versions that are probably just as nice.
Children’s Place Bargains. I just got clothes there for $0.99. No joke.
Rainforest Jumperoo. Emily still uses it at 8 months old, but especially loved it from 4 to 7 months.
Bepe Pod Chair. I loved this for helping Emily sit up. I took it everywhere and she could sit with us. She loved it in the kitchen so she could watch me cook before she was big enough for her high chair.
Eucerine Aquaphor. I bought ours at Babies R Us in a baby version. I love it for rashes around the neck and just plain dry skin. It works instantly to help baby feel soft. It is expensive, but lasts a long time and is what our pediatrician recommended.
Wipe Warmer. Newborns hate getting cold and the warm wipes lesson diaper change trauma.
Does anyone have recommendations for toddlers?
6 comments:
safety locks to control unwanted exploration. I was against these at first, but glad to have had them.
ya Jylholidaycreations Hats! hahah
Of course, Jyl! Check out Jyl's cute stuff at www.jylholidaycreations.com
I'll post a photo of Emily in her cute hat in the Fall.
I am jealous you have a Bob stroller. Hopefully someday....we have the Dreamer Design which is nice but doesn't look near as cool as the BOB. I love Pediped shoes, they are kind of the same as robeez but for boys ALOT cutter.
I echo Jackie about the BOB stroller. I so want that! Someday. . .maybe. ..someday. I don't know how I'd do running with two kids though, which is why I've been reluctant to make the big purchase. I also am a big fan of the pediped shoes. . . my new find is see kai run shoes. I think I may try those next.
Oh, I want to play some vball! I think we should do that little tournament you, Linda, and I talked about. . .the invite only. . where we switch partners. Are there any weekends left in the summer that are available for something like that?
Actually, I really couldn't do the nursing thing without the Nipple Shields! LOVE THEM! I couldn't nurse my first two but now on my third I found them and want to shout to the world about them! WONDERFuL!!!
Post a Comment