When our Home Depot delivery guys came to deliver our new washer and dryer, they told us the pedestals we had ordered wouldn't work. The pedestals cost $250 each and raise the front loaders to make laundry easier for normal sized people. Well, we were disappointed, but also okay with saving $500. I told my dad how annoying it was to do laundry w/o the pedastals, and he surprised us this week by coming out to visit and building us this!:
I saw these plans online, but my dad made it a stronger structure. We spent $82 on wood and supplies. I already had the high gloss white, and we used left over base boards for the trim around the top. It took him most of the day, and the kids enjoyed Grandma in the house while I organized their closets and helped my dad. Pretty awesome, right?! I bought a rug from Ikea and a couple of baskets from the Container Store, and the laundry room is done for now.My mom's brother lives in Oceanside and has terminal cancer. This is the main reason for their visit. We are sad for that, but thrilled to have them with us!
2 comments:
Awesome!!
I can't believe how quickly you have been able to organize and complete each room! Love the girl's bedrooms, the wood floors, the antique tables, and the pedestals that dad made.
Post a Comment