Friday, January 2, 2009

New Year's Day

We spent New Year's Day at my parents again. We also got to spend the night because our furnace broke down and our house was freezing! But fortunately we had a fun place to go. We had a big lunch and then the older kids went snowmobiling. Inbetween turns they also played the Wii and decorated sugar cookies.
Emily had fun with her smaller cousins. They went nuts over Grandma's Christmas music box. The music makes the rest of the family a bit nuts.
Emily discovered Grandma's lid draw and couldn't leave it alone. What fun!

It is fun to see her interact with her cousins a bit more. She kept demanding that Violet push her on the Barbie truck.
Later that night Mom, Suzi and I went to see Marly and Me. I loved it! I appreciated that the movie portrayed a healthy marriage with all of the ups and downs of family life. I definitely cried more than anticipated. Good thing Suzi packed the tissues.



No comments: